Greetings from Wisconsin! 🙂
Tiny house builder Escape has unveiled another new model, Vista C, and it is essentially the company’s popular Vista model (featuring a daybed and lots of windows) retrofitted within a standard 20-foot-by-8-foot shipping container. There’s added insulation, of course, and the windows are double glazed. The home also has a high performance A/C heat pump to heat or cool when necessary. The model features a full-sized bed, healthy amount of storage, full-size refrigerator, range, stainless steel sink, and a bathroom with a Toto toilet and full-size shower. It can come with an optional roof deck as well as a front deck that can be automatically raised and lowered with the press of a button.
The use of a shipping container is interesting not only for the aesthetic difference (it’s a more “modern” look than your typical tiny home) but also because it means the abode can be shipped just about anywhere in the world. Towing it with a trailer is also an option still.
“Whether situated as a permanent structure or used as a traveling dwelling, it can withstand even the most remote conditions while offering the comforts of home,” said Escape founder Dan Dobrowolski. Some use cases may be as an ADU, starter home, or remote shelter.
From Escape’s website here is the VISTA FACT SHEET:
- SIZE: 21′ long,(26′ including hitch) x 8.5’W x 9’6″H (10’6″H with rooftop A/C, GO Version is 16′ long, 21′ including hitch) Travel Trailer with the RVIA seal.
- SQUARE FOOTAGE: 175 sq/ft. for Vista, 136 sq/ft for Vista GO
- PRICE: MSRP $46,600 for Vista
- MODEL: You can see VISTA at their factory. Just call 844.696.3722.
- WEIGHT: 7800 lbs. for Vista. Exact weight depends on options.
- TRAILER: Custom ESCAPE steel trailer, 6000 lb HD tandem axles, radial tires, electric brakes, Hopkins break-away safety system, easy use leveling jacks, steel, rodent resistant belly.
- EXTERIOR: Pre-finished cedar vertical siding and cedar trim with steel accent and protective panels. Full light 36″ glass entry door. Low-E windows, many of which open. Optional all cedar exterior available.
- INTERIOR: Pre-finished pine T&G with pine trim. Laminate flooring (option: oak hardwood). Pine solid core bathroom door, optional frosted full light door.
- INSULATION: Closed cell foam using recycled products, 7.4 R value per inch. Avg. R values R22 walls, R30 floor, R40 ceiling.
- CLIMATE CONTROL OPTIONS: High efficiency ceiling A/C, LP furnace with thermostat. Baseboard heat included. Solar Power and Off-Grid Features available.
- BEDROOM/LIVING AREA: LED lighting, daybed (double bed size, queen bed optional), extensive storage, opening panoramic windows.
- STORAGE: Multiple cabinets of various sizes, maple cabinets std, bookshelves, build-ins, aluminum pegs.
- UTILITY HOOK-UPS: Standard RV hook-ups including 30 amp electric plug, 3/4″ water connection and 3″ quick couple septic connection. Optional water tanks available.
- PLUMBING: 3/4″ pex water lines, on demand LP hot water heater.
- KITCHEN: Maple cabinetry, stainless sink, designer faucet, kitchen table, undercounter or full size frig/freezer, solid butcher block tops, upper shelving. Optional cooktop and range.
- BATHROOM: 60″ tub/shower, 60″ vanity, Toto toilet, LED lighting, towel bars, unique aluminum pegs, low sohn vent van, large mirror, wall cabinets. GO has 32″ shower, small sink.
- OTHER OPTIONS: Queen bed (Vista only), Washer/Dryer combo (Vista only), Pop-up flatscreen TV with Blu-ray, stone counter tops, USB outlets, cellular shades, exterior shower.
- WARRANTY: 2 years plus
Would you love to see this tiny home in person? There are various models in various locations in the US. To find a location closest to you, click here!
So what do you think? Would you live here? 🙂
Photo Source: Escape Traveler